Over the years we’ve seen a lot of Google algorithm updates and changes. Some more drastic than others. Some so drastic, high percentages of websites fall out of Google’s index. Some so small, only a few sites just slip a couple positions. But one thing is for sure; Google is updating their algorithm more often than ever, and as their engine and technology gets more sophisticated, we can count on these updates to increase.
They’ve already updated their algorithm more times in the 1st few months of 2012 than in all of 2008 & 2009 combined. Here’s the count of Google Updates since 2008.
- 2008 – 2 Updates
- 2009 – 4 Updates
- 2010 – 8 Updates
- 2011 – 21 Updates
With only 3 months into 2012, Google has already updated their algorithm 11 times. At this rate, we’ll be looking at ~40 algorithm changes by the end of the year (which will double the amount of updates in 2011). This year’s algorithm changes include;
- January 5, 2012 – January 30-Pack Update
- January 10, 2012 – Search + Your World Update
- January 18, 2012 – Panda 3.2 Update
- January 19, 2012 – Ads Above the Fold Update
- February 3, 2012 – February 17-Pack Update
- February 27, 2012 – Venice Update
- February 27, 2012 – February 40-Pack (2) Update
- February 27, 2012 – Panda 3.3 Update
- March 12, 2012 – Search Quality Video Update
- March 23, 2012 – Panda 3.4 Update
- April 3, 2012 – March 50-Pack Update
Despite all these updates, you can count on SEOhaus to be on top of them. We anticipate these updates and even re-create new strategies to capitalize on them. Our clients get the most up-to-date services designed around Google’s algorithm updates, no matter how often they arise.
If you are not a client and have experienced drops in rankings due to these updates, contact us today. We can help get your website back on track.